Through extensive research, we are proud to announce our implementation of the award-winning Creative Curriculum® for the development of your children. Not only is the Creative Curriculum® endorsed by the New Jersey Department of Education, Parents as Teachers, and the National Association for the Education of Young Children, but it is also used by many local elementary schools, including right here in Cedar Grove! At its core, the Creative Curriculum® is a research-based curriculum centered on developmentally appropriate practices that match the natural way children develop and learn.
The Creative Curriculum® for Preschool is a comprehensive curriculum that focuses on building relationships, the learning environment, how children learn, and how teachers and families can work together to strengthen the child’s growth and development, ensuring school readiness. The curriculum balances teacher-planned and child-initiated learning and emphasizes responsiveness to your child’s strengths, interests, needs, and learning styles. The system is designed to help teachers plan and implement content-rich, developmentally appropriate programs that support active learning and promote progress in all developmental areas.
Creative Curriculum® for Infants and Toddlers is used to provide nurturing, child care services to children 6 weeks to 36 months of age, providing a wide array of developmentally appropriate activities for your child in a physical environment that will stimulate and encourage maximum growth. Each classroom has a daily schedule that establishes routine and trust, and has lesson plans that are designed to enhance your child’s curiosity and to nurture individual development.
The Creative Curriculum® Overview
- Award-winning and nationally recognized
- Based on research by the National Association for the Education of Young Children
- Built upon 38 objectives for development and learning, which are fully aligned with the learning standards for every state
- Balances teacher-planned and child-initiated learning
- Offers daily, built-in opportunities for observation and individualized teaching
- Helps teachers plan and implement content-rich, developmentally appropriate programs that support active learning and promote progress in all developmental areas
To learn more about Creative Curriculum®, please visit www.teachingstrategies.com.